Sunday, January 31, 2016

What I ate last week on Trim Healthy Mama™ plan

Time for my weekly food journal post, a la Trim Healthy Mama.

A few notes about abbreviations and such:

BPC stands for Bullet Proof Coffee. I typically make it by adding heavy cream, a bit of grass-fed butter, collagen and MCT oil, then blending until frothy with my handy-dandy frother. Sometimes I drink this first thing in the morning, then have breakfast a couple of hours later, and other times I have it with my breakfast. Either way, it's very filling, yummy and creamy, like a much healthier latte. 


(Google has tons of recipes for bullet proof coffee.)

HMV is homemade vinaigrette. I never buy salad dressing, preferring to make my own with olive oil, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper (and herbs if I have them).

Clearly, my life is so hard.



I ate "dessert" for breakfast three days this week. Two days I had leftover Zapple Crumble, a zucchini-based crumb dessert from the THM cookbook, and the third time it was leftover cheesecake.

The Wedding Cheesecake recipe (shown above) is amazing, some of the easiest and tastiest cheesecake I've ever eaten, and it's 100% sugar free. This is the first time I made it with the Pay Off Candy recipe drizzled on top (a brilliant idea posted on the Trim Healthy Mama Facebook page!) instead of berries and chocolate.

Even though I had dessert every day, and plenty of dark chocolate and red wine, I lost another pound. This plan WORKS.

Life is good!

I made my food journal into a chart this time, hopefully it's easier to read.

Tilapia Veracruz - a quick, tasty, very healthy "E" meal. Served with brown rice and carrot salad. 



Date
Food
Time
Fuel Type
1/24
2 fried eggs, 2 pieces bacon, BPC
Brown rice, *Fish Vera Cruz, veggies, carrot salad
*Trimtastic zucchini cake
½ hamburger patty, Cobb salad (greens, hardboiled eggs, bacon, avocado)
8:15
11:15
2:15
5:15
S
E
S
S
1/25
Scrambled eggs, bacon, BPC
Leftover Cobb salad, *Shake Gone Nuts
*Volcano mud slide muffin topped with coconut butter
*Pot roast with radishes, celery, onions
8:30
11:30
3
6
S
S, FP
S
S
1/26
*Zapple crumble, coffee with cream
Chocolate overnight oats with berries, *Secret big boy shake
*Zapple crumble, small portion leftover pot roast
* Reuben in a Bowl
8
12:30
3:30
6:30
S
E, FP
S
S
1/27
*Zapple crumble, coffee with cream
*Reuben in a bowl, green salad
½ c. 0% Greek yogurt with peanut powder, ½ apple
*Lentil soup, *strawberry muffin, *Bust a Myth cake
8:30
12
3
6
S
S
FP
E
1/28
Scrambled egg, 2 bacon, sauteed veggies, 0% Greek yogurt
0% Greek yogurt
Green salad with bleu cheese, BPC, piece dark chocolate
Tuna made with paleo mayo (the purist in me doesn't approve of canola oil!)
Two thin slices turkey, Happy farms light cheese (these are the ALDI version of Laughing Cow)
Burrito bowls (shredded chicken, salsa, brown rice, pico de gallo)
9
11:30
1
2:45
4:30
6:30
S
FP
S
S
FP
E
1/29
2 baked egg ham cups, BPC
small piece *BAM cake, 0% Greek yogurt w/stevia
BAM cake
*Troodle casserole, green salad with Bleu cheese and HMV *cheesecake, red wine
85% chocolate
8:30
11:30
2:30
6:00
8:00
S
E
E
S
S
1/30
BPC, *cheesecake
2 slices crustless pizza, green salad, leftover *Troodle casserole
Green salad with grilled chicken, Bleu cheese, berries, pecans
Red wine, dark chocolate
8:30
12:30
7:15
9:30
S
S
S
S

Recipes with an * asterisk come from Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook: Eat Up and Slim Down with More Than 350 Healthy Recipes

The Reuben in a Bowl recipe was a HUGE hit with the family. I love a good Reuben sandwich, but haven't eaten one in years due to my gluten-free diet (rye bread is a no-no). This recipe will be on the rotation frequently!

This was also my first time making Bust-a-Myth banana cake. I hate calling it a cake, because it's more like a very dense, filling banana bread. Barely sweet at all, but everyone loved it. I served it to the kids with butter or peanut butter on it. It's called Bust a Myth because some people think you cannot have fruit on Trim Healthy Mama, but that's... well, a myth. Life without fruit? Quelle horreur!

We also really enjoyed the Troodle Casserole, made with zucchini "noodles". I bought a vegetable "spiralizer" at ALDI the other week for a couple of bucks, and I can see it's going to get much use.

No comments:

Post a Comment