Monday, February 1, 2016

This week's meal plan: Trim Healthy Mama, gluten-free, whole foods

In addition to posting "what I ate last week, Trim Healthy Mama style", I am going to post my weekly menus here.

My aim is to show people new to THM that it's totally possible to integrate this way of eating into your own tastes, style and food culture.

When I first heard about Trim Healthy Mama, I'm embarrassed to admit that I pre-judged the plan (before reading the book - shame on me!). I thought everyone on plan ate weird Frankenfoods.

Nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, I've noticed after being on the THM Facebook group, that so many people dramatically improve the quality of food they're eating once on plan. They give up sugar, junk food, fast food (mostly), "white" food, etc. They start eating tons more veggies, healthy oils and integrating superfoods (such as collagen, turmeric, apple cider vinegar, coconut oil) into their daily diet.

I am working on making all of the recipes in the THM cookbook eventually, so I use it a lot at the moment, but I'm also including my own recipes and long-favorite meals, to show how they can be "THM-ified" easily.

An example would be the Leek-Cauli soup. I love leek soup, and usually make it with potatoes, but since white potatoes aren't on plan, I'll substitute cauliflower (and I doubt me or anyone else will be able to tell the difference once the soup is pureed).



So here's what's on Le Menu for this week. 

(As always, it's gluten-free and Trim Healthy Mama approved.)

- *Jalapeno Popper Soup - this recipe, from the THM cookbook, gets rave reviews and hubby loves jalapenos, so I'm giving it a shot.  The family will get organic corn chips on the side, I'll forego those - "S" meal

- Roast Chicken with Vegetables (likely, roasted cauliflower and asparagus) and green salad - "S" meal

- Leek-Cauli Soup with *Swiss bread - "E" meal, dessert t/b/a

- Tacos with all the fixings - The family will eat theirs with corn tortillas, I'll have mine in a bowl. - "S" meal

- *Fooled Ya Pizza with green salad - "S" meal

- *Red lentil soup with socca (a gluten-free flatbread made with chickpea flour) - "E" meal

- Eat out or leftovers night

Recipes with an asterisk * come from Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook: Eat Up and Slim Down with More Than 350 Healthy Recipes






No comments:

Post a Comment